Tuesday, September 9, 2014

DIY Baby Wipes/ Makeup Remover Wipes


I saw a recipe on Pinterest for diy baby wipes and decided to try them out. Click here to find a link to the recipe. And for those of you who simply want to know how these baby wipes/makeup wipes work I give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars! If you want to know my tips and adjustments to the recipe and why I give it this review please read on.
I don't have a baby, but me and my best friend have been long time fans of using baby wipes for many other things. For example they are great for cleaning out my ferrets cage because they don't have harsh chemicals in them that could hurt her.

One of my favorite uses for baby wipes is using them for makeup remover wipes. Once again they are gentile on the skin so they wont cause any problems and they wont burn! I tried using normal makeup remover wipes from the store and they burnt my eyes. No fun at all! Another bonus is they are super cheep and easy to make!
All it takes is coconut oil, baby shampoo, paper towels, a container and water! I used an old baby wipes container I had that was from the Dollar Tree. I just removed the label so it would look better. If you want it to look even cuter I'm sure you could decorate it with washi tape.
I recommend using heavy duty paper towels so they don't rip apart. Also make sure your container will fit half a roll in it. Mine didn't so, I had to take off several paper towels first. Make sure you leave the center roll in until after you poor the liquids in. Once it absorbs the liquids you pull it out and that is where your wipes pull starts from.
For make up wipes I would recommend doubling the amount of coconut oil and baby shampoo. Both work well for removing makeup and so having more of them in the recipe is good. Just make sure you don't put too much baby shampoo in. If you do it will become soapy and you don't want to leave soap residue on your face. 
If you are using the wipes as baby wipes I would say leave the recipe as is. 
Here are before and after photos of my face when using the wipes to remove my make up:

I was practicing my Kushina cosplay (click here for that post) before I took these photos so, that is why my eyebrows are red. But, it proves the wipes do work because I had a lot more make up on than I normally would. In the before photo I had on concealer, BB cream, foundation, blush, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara. As you can see in the after photo the wipe (yes just one) removed all of those things. 

Let me know if you try out the recipe, and what you think of it. What do you use baby wipes for?

L.O.V.E YOU!
Renie 

For my Youtube click here 

For my Pinterest where I pin stuff that I create click here

For my Pinterest where I pin random stuff I enjoy click here

For my Twitter click here

For my Instagram click here

No comments:

Post a Comment